Prince George FSC – Figure Skating Coach
The Prince George Figure Skating Club (PGFSC) is a progressive club located in Prince George BC and is looking to welcome a positive enthusiastic new member with a passion for coaching to our coaching team in a permanent full-time position as soon as possible. The successful candidate must have some competitive experience either coaching and/or competing, be supportive of team coaching and be prepared to be involved in all aspects of club activities, including off-ice classes, competitions and seminars in BC.
We are a large Club with over 360 members and offer programming for PreCanSkate, CanSkate, CanPower, Adult Skate, and Figure Skating – Junior Academy, STARSkate and Competitive programs. PGFSC offers year-round programming including reduced ice during summers. Work locations vary between 3 rink facilities in Prince George (Kin Centre Arenas, Rolling Mix Concrete Arena, Elksentre Arena).
Business Address: Kin Centre Arena, 2187 Ospika Blvd., Prince George, BC, V2N 2S6
Working Locations: Same as above and Rolling Mix Concrete Arena, 888 Dominion St. Prince George, BC, V6L 0A1 and Elksentre Arena, 4833 Heather Road, Prince George, BC, V2K 3G7. The worker may attend competitions and seminars in BC only.
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions
- Develop, plan and co-ordinate competitive schedules and programs
- Motivate and prepare athletes or teams for competitive events or games
- Analyze and evaluate athletes’ or team’s performance and modify training programs
- Observe and evaluate prospective athletes’ skills and performance
- Carry out management or administrative duties
- Must be a Skate Canada Coach NCCP Level 1 /Primary StarSkate certified or higher (ability to coach skills and ice dance an asset)
- minimum three years’ experience as a Figure Skating Coach required;
- Ability to coach CanPower / Power Skating programs;
- Completion of high school required. A degree or certificate in physical education preferred;
- Competitive coaching and/or competitive training;
- Certified in the new Star 1-5 Testing system;
- Completed new CanSkate Training and knowledge of LTAD;
- Hold or be willing to obtain First Aid Certificate;
- Making Ethical Decisions;
- Have a Police Clearance check, including vulnerable sector check;
- Dance, flexibility, strength training or conditioning an asset.
- Positive Role Model, Motivated, Excited and Dedicated to the sport of Skating;
- Team player, organized, dependable, excellent oral communication, reliable, flexible;
- Ability and desire to coach skating at all levels from PreCanskate to Gold/STAR 10 level STARSkate and Competitive programs; group, semi and private lessons;
- Work with other coaches, parents, volunteers and the PGFSC directors;
- Willing to further knowledge with continuing education;
- Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, standing for extended periods, physically demanding;
- Organized, Initiative, Flexibility, Dependability, Team player, Values and ethics, Excellent oral communication, Reliability;
- Interested in working closely with the club executive and director of skating to plan and continue club growth;
Flexibility on schedule is required. Weekly hours start at 3:45 PM, on weekends the schedule starts at 12:00 PM. Summer hours start around 3:30 PM and run 2 hours plus per shift depending on ice guaranteed from the City of Prince George. Schedule will vary according to the club’s needs and depending on the time of the year. 30 to 35 hours of work per week are guaranteed. Salary of $25 to $27 per hour (to be negotiated).
Benefits: Mileage paid if attending competitions or seminars in BC
Please send resumes by email to: Julia Shaddick, [email protected] and or [email protected]
Apply by mail to: PO Box 2386 Prince George, BC V2N 2S6