Clubs Seeking Coaches | Coaches Seeking Employment
BC/YK SECTION COACHING & COMMUNICATION COORDINATOR
This is a permanent position reporting directly to the Executive Director at the BC/YK Section Office at Burnaby 8 Rinks.
- Answers main phone line and directs incoming calls.
- Greets visitors coming into the office.
- Receive and sort mail, preparing outgoing mail and couriers
- Maintains office equipment and orders office supplies.
- Prepares and organizes monthly club mailing.
- Communicates with Section Board of Directors and Volunteers
- Communicates with Section Clubs and Coaches
- Coordinates BC/YK Email Blasts
- Assists with Updating the BC/YK Section Website
- Coordinates and Organizes NCCP Coaching Courses held in the BC/YK Section
- Designs and Distributes Thin Ice Magazine-Quarterly.
- Liaises and communicates with clubs and updates club files.
- Receives and files correspondence.
- Faxing, photocopying, and creating reports
- Prepares packages for board meetings and Annual General Meeting
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Competencies, Qualities and Qualifications:
- Strong keyboarding skills required.
- Knowledge of the NCCP Program is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook is required.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Strong customer services related experience – telephone and face-to-face
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and work as part of a team
- Experience working with volunteers
- Handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Ability to represent the vision, mission and values of the BC/YK Section-Skate Canada, as well as ethical standards generally accepted in business.
- Experience in the sport of skating is an asset.
Starting salary commensurate with skills and experience
Interested candidates should apply no later than Tuesday July 15, 2014 to email@example.com
Although we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only applications selected for interviews will be acknowledged.
No telephone inquiries, please.