Careers at Skate Canada
A Leader in Building Champions, Skate Canada is committed to the development of personal excellence through participation in skating.
Canadians love figure skating! Every winter, millions of Canadians take to the ice, indoors and outdoors in search of fun and fitness. Skate Canada Skating Programs are designed to allow individuals to participate in skating for life. If you have a passion for the sport, are committed to excellence, and focused on building partnerships this may be the career for you. Join our energetic, dynamic team dedicated to providing and promoting a positive skating experience for Canadians in a fun environment.
Skate Canada provides you with exciting and challenging work in a fast paced environment and an excellent total rewards package.
We are inviting applications for the position of: LEAD DEVELOPER/ANALYST
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Lead Developer/Analyst is responsible for both integrating and developing software systems. This is a full-time permanent position that is anticipated to begin in March 2014 and will be based out of the Ottawa office.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Lead Developer/Analyst is a senior technical position. It requires an experienced individual who can operate with a high degree of autonomy to solve complex technical problems on tight deadlines. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Lead Developer / Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production lifecycle.
Essential Duties of the Position:
Major accountabilities in this role include (but are not limited to):
- Designing and documenting a technical solution to meet defined business objectives;
- Developing, testing, and implementing technical solutions;
- Implementing fixes and enhancements for custom software;
- Coordinate and collaborate with others to ensure designs and solutions meet needs and expectations;
- Research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle;
- Integrate new and existing systems to achieve a Single Customer View;
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts;
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaption issues;
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs;
- Provide back up support and assistance with LAN Administration;
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Perform the duties stated as a responsible employee of the Association observing and supporting all policies and procedures as set by the Board of Directors and observing all policies and requirements as outlined in the Skate Canada National Office Human Resources Policies and Procedures;
- Represent the vision, mission and values of Skate Canada, and conducts oneself according to ethical standards generally accepted in business.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering;
- Minimum of three years of experience with successful integrations between enterprise level software solutions;
- Experience in working with not-for-profit organizations preferred.
- Functional understanding of T-SQL;
- Ability to work with both LAMP stack and their equivalent Microsoft technologies;
- An understanding of CRM systems and their interactions with portals;
- Expansive experience using web services on a transactional basis;
- Experience developing E-Commerce solutions;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities including planning and execution of project tasks;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Sound judgment and business acumen;
- Strong organization and documentation skills;
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and able to work autonomously;
- Experience with reporting technology;
- Experience maintaining web servers;
- Experience with ZenDesk.
Additional Job Requirements
- Able to work weekends and overtime as required.
Candidates are asked to send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 28, 2014. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.